Monday, September 17, 2007

Wine Country




My liver and I survived a week in Sonoma and Napa. Not sure about my budget, however. I'm sure I had some great witty stories to share but they're a bit fuzzy now. Must have been the drive through the desert. I remember all too clearly the timeshare presentation I listened to on Sunday but it was well worth it to get a free night at the Meritage. http://www.themeritageresort.com/
I felt like one of the Beverly Hillbillies showing up at the Four Seasons. "Got any of that Mur-lot?" Also memorable was Irwin, who was the pourer at the Murphy Goode tasting room and a native of Germany. Pouring wine for tourists in Sonoma is a far cry from his stint as a bartender in Chicago in the 1950s, where part of his job was arranging the disposal of parking tickets.

No comments: